Wedding Planning Internship
Since 1999, A Touch of Bliss has provided brides and grooms with chic concept creation, innovative event design and complete wedding production. From bouquets to Bon Voyage, we have a package to fit every budget and style!
We are currently seeking enthusiastic, hardworking, sophisticated, and talented interns that can assist us with putting together fabulous weddings for our couples! We want to work with individuals who have a passion for details, design, and planning and who want to purse a lifelong career in the wedding industry!
Length: This is a 3 month position. March-May, June-August, or September-November.
Location: 3833 Steele St Unit E, Denver, CO 80205
Schedule: You will be required to be in the office two full days (6 hours) per week and attend 3 weddings for the duration of the internship. Additional weddings will be available and it is up to you if you would like to gain additional experience.
- Assist with day of coordination for scheduled weddings
- Attend and observe client, vendor, logistics, and design meetings as part of the planning process
- Execute final details and planning pieces for current weddings
- Contribute to the company’s marketing efforts through social media and blogging
- Attend industry events to meet current and potential partners
- Assist lead planners with projects, planning, timelines, and details
- Research and create wedding design plans
- Create and follow wedding budgets and timelines
- Assist with executing styled shoots and other marketing projects
- Company research, special projects, and more!
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with both clients, peers, and vendors
- Ability to travel within the Denver Metro area
- MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel proficiency required
- Ability to lift 20 or more pounds and stand on your feet for long periods of time
- Event experience or wedding industry related experience a plus but not required
- Positive attitude, resourceful nature and an addiction to wedding blogs and magazines a must!
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to take initiative and to problem solve quickly
- Professionally dressed
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- An excellent multi-tasker
- Creative and able to think quickly on his/her feet
- High energy and resourceful
- An independent worker as well as a team player
- Customer service oriented and friendly
- Driven to excel in the area of event and wedding planning
Pay: This is an unpaid internship. The internship is designed to share knowledge of the industry, wedding planning, and the intricacies that go into putting together a spectacular wedding. This is also an opportunity for you to showcase your talents for hiring consideration when there are open positions within the company.
We will work closely with schools to ensure internship credit. A Touch of Bliss also offers opportunities to learn more about planning corporate, social, and non-profit events through our sister companies as well as marketing and social media. Please note in your application whether this is of interest to you.
*Please note: We do not respond to applications for internships right away. We will keep your application on file and will contact you to schedule an interview one month prior to the scheduled start date.
Please send resume, cover letter, and any portfolio experience to email@example.com.